Introduction to Behaviour Support
This eLearning module introduces the support worker's role in behaviour support in the NDIS, including:
- Positive behaviour support approaches
- Identifying what are restrictive practices?
- Working with behaviours of concern
- Essential reporting and monitoring requirements
- Learning self-care concepts
The course has a focus on upholding the rights of people with disability and ensuring people live their best life. It breaks down key principles the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Framework and is underpinned by human rights principles. The course acknowledges that a commitment to the reduction of restrictive practices and applying principles of positive
behaviour support are critical to every support worker's role.