SUPPORT WORKER TRAINING
Supporting People to Communicate
Supporting someone with different or complex communication needs can be challenging at first.
In this module, different types of communication strategies and impairments are introduced along with a diverse range of strategies to assist communication in different situations. It examines common communication aids and how to support someone to express themselves, their feedback or make a complaint.
• Know how supporting communication is related to person-centred practice
• Know why a person may have a Communication Support Plan
• Identify strategies that can be used to communicate with someone with communication difficulties
• Identify strategies to assist a people to communicate with others in the community
• Identify common communication equipment or tools that you may encounter whilst working in the disability sector
• Know your role in supporting feedback and complaints
• Know where to go for more information on supporting communication
4 May 2020
Customisation & Completion Tracking
Talk to us about tracking learner completion or tailoring courses to your organisation's people, policies and priorities.
More Support Worker Training
All 7 modules available to view for free: