It's one of the most difficult and risk-laden jobs in the sector, supervising staff working with people with complex needs. It feels like there is never enough time and the current ramping up of quality and safeguarding compliance demands has made this already tough job all the more stressful. This 2-day training gives a strong foundation to any new or seasoned house supervisor to navigate the new world, covering:
- Quality and safeguarding requirements: recognising and responding to abuse and neglect, incidents, complaints and restrictive practices
- Risk management and Workplace Health and Safety
- Creating an enabling work environment
- Embed the principles of human rights and NDIS into culture and practice
- Understanding NDIS funding for 'Home and Living' supports
- Facilitating resident choice and control
Come and immerse yourself in an open and supportive environment with other leaders who are interested in creating better lives for people in shared living.
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is designed for people directly supervising staff working in a supported accommodation setting including Team Leaders, House Supervisors & Service Managers.
Dates & times
This is an online workshop delivered via Zoom.
Click on the workshop dates to view the running times in your local timezone