To keep the people you support safe, Support Coordinators need a strong understanding of the NDIS Behaviour Support service requirements including regulated restrictive practices. You need to know what is (or isn’t) a restrictive practice, what should be authorised and reported, and who is responsible.
In this interactive 2.5hr workshop we will unpack the skills, knowledge and resources a Support Coordinator needs to better understand restrictive practices and behaviour support under the NDIS. We will provide useful links, tools and resources for your day-to-day practice in the complex jungle of restrictive practices. Workshop content includes::
◦ Understanding the different types of restrictive practices, including authorisation and reporting
◦ Identifying the different types of behaviour support plans and what to look for in a good quality plan
◦ Clarifying reporting responsibilities
◦ Understanding what you need to do as a Support Coordinator if you become aware of unregulated restrictive practices
◦ Explaining the different roles and responsibilities of a Behaviour Support Practitioner and an Implementing Provider
◦ Working with families who are implementing restrictive practices including navigating the authorisation and reporting requirements minefield
This workshop is appropriate for all Support Coordinator experience levels.
Dates & times
This is an online workshop delivered via Zoom.
Click on the workshop dates to view the running times in your local timezone.