Hospital discharge for NDIS participants can be a nightmare with processes and systems that do not talk to each other. This highly interactive (2.5 hour) workshop unpacks the skills, resources and knowledge required to better support participants during hospital discharge.
Using a case study of a participant with newly acquired disabilities, attendees will learn to develop effective approaches for responding to complex hospital discharge situations including:
◦ Identifying and overcoming common barriers to successful hospital discharge
◦ Gathering critical information effectively and building rapport
◦ Working with stakeholders in a complex mainstream interfaces
◦ Identifying funding responsibilities
◦ Exploring supports required for hospital discharge
◦ Practicing effective Support Coordination skills throughout (eg. reporting, delegation, communication, billable hours)
◦ Understanding the scope and limitations of the Support Coordination role
This workshop is appropriate for all Support Coordinator experience levels. Attendees should have a basic understanding of NDIS planning processes and supports.
Dates & times
This is an online workshop delivered via Zoom.
Click on the workshop dates to view the running times in your local timezone.