The NDIS Practice Standards require all workers to be trained in incident management.
We've developed these plain speaking eLearning modules detailing the need-to-know aspects of the Commission's requirements at both the management and support work levels:
Managing Incidents: Manager Module
It's a condition of registration that NDIS providers have an incident management system with specific procedures for identifying, managing and resolving incidents. This course provides managers with an understanding of:
• NDIS defined incidents
• how to identify reportable incidents
• the requirements of a compliant incident management system
• how to appropriately respond to an incident
• reporting requirements
• undertaking investigations
• corrective actions
• the NDIS approach to 'continuous improvement culture'
Managing Incidents: Support Worker Module
Ensuring support workers understand the role they must play in incident management, including:
• identifying and responding to suspected violence, abuse or neglect
• identifying what an incident is
• identifying which incidents are reportable incidents
• the requirements of the NDIS Practice Standards and Rules
• the NDIS Commission's 6 steps in responding to and reporting reportable incidents
Please note: This course discusses abusive practices which may prove distressing for some workers.
Subscribe for access to DSC's entire eLearning and webinar library
Earn certificates on over 50 courses and webinars with our fora subscriptions. Subscriber benefits include: