Safe Waste Management
Under the NDIS Practice Standards and Quality Indicators, workers must receive appropriate training if they are involved in the management of waste and hazardous substances.
This course has been written with this Practice Standard in mind, exploring how to safely handle waste and hazardous products. There has never been a more important time to get this practice right.
- List common waste and hazardous products
- List tips on how to reduce waste
- State reasons why waste and hazardous products must be managed and disposed of appropriately
- Identify suitable controls to eliminate or manage risks
- Describe what to do if there is a hazardous spill
- Categorise which waste products should be disposed of where
- Know when and how to use Personal Protective Equipment, including how to dispose of safely
- Explain when to report hazards and incidents
Published: 5 November 2020
Time required: 30 minutes