SUPPORT WORKER TRAINING
Supporting Choice and Control
Exercising choice and control is a new concept for lots of people with disability and supporting it is often a new skill for support workers as well.
This module introduces Support Workers to some of the fundamentals of the NDIS, including the human rights framework and important concepts such as ‘person centred care’, ‘dignity of risk’ and ‘informed consent’. It provides strategies to support decision making, as well as how the NDIS Code of Conduct applies to choice and control.
• Know the underpinning legal and human rights and how to put them into everyday practice
• Know how to support people in a person-centred way
• Know how to support people in a way that enhances and embraces the individual’s values and beliefs
• Respecting dignity of risk
• Know who can and how to support decision-making
• Know your role in supporting people to make complaints List some strategies to increase choice and control
4 May 2020
Subscribe for access to DSC's entire eLearning and webinar library
Earn certificates on over 50 courses and webinars with our fora subscriptions. Subscriber benefits include:
Access to over 50 webinars and eLearning modules - new training added every month!
Up to date, engaging training for NDIS providers, available whenever you want to learn.
Assign training to your workers and generate reports on their learning records.
Upload your policies and procedures and create new training content with foracreate
More Support Worker Training
All 7 modules available to view for free: