SUPPORT WORKER TRAINING
Supporting People at Mealtimes
Supporting people at mealtime requires knowledge and skill to keep people safe (for example preventing choking and aspirating) and to help provide an enjoyable mealtime.
This training resource introduces why things sometimes go wrong with swallowing and highlights strategies to keep people safe with swallowing. It explores applying Positive Behaviour Support strategies at mealtimes, modifying food and drink consistency and safe food handling.
• Know why a person may have a Mealtime Support Plan
• Follow a Mealtime Support Plan and know when to request a review
• Know the importance of food and drink consistency to support those with swallowing difficulties (dysphagia)
• Implement some strategies to support swallowing and positive mealtimes
• Have a clear understanding of where to go for further information and support, including to review safe food handling principles
• Know where to go for more information on supporting people at mealtimes
4 May 2020
Customisation & Completion Tracking
Talk to us about tracking learner completion or tailoring courses to your organisation's people, policies and priorities.
More Support Worker Training
All 7 modules available to view for free: