SUPPORT WORKER TRAINING
Supporting People to Move & Other Manual Handling
Supporting People to Move covers 10 step-by-step manual handling techniques and common manual handling equipment. The module explores how the NDIS Code of Conduct applies to safety and choice when supporting people to move.
It takes a practical approach to risk assessment strategies examining how building capacity and empowering the people we are supporting can deliver better outcomes for everyone.
• Follow the person’s Support Plan related to helping them to move
• Know the basics of manual handling principles and how to reduce your risk of injury when moving people or objects
• Know strategies to involve the person you are supporting to move, and reduce risks
• Follow steps in some manual handling tasks to best support someone to move and to minimise risk
• Recognise equipment and how it can help you to support people to move
• Know about responding, reporting and documenting incidents related to falls and other emergencies
• Know where to find more information on safe manual handing
4 May 2020
Subscribe for access to DSC's entire eLearning and webinar library
Earn certificates on over 50 courses and webinars with our fora subscriptions. Subscriber benefits include:
Access to over 50 webinars and eLearning modules - new training added every month!
Up to date, engaging training for NDIS providers, available whenever you want to learn.
Assign training to your workers and generate reports on their learning records.
Upload your policies and procedures and create new training content with foracreate
More Support Worker Training
All 7 modules available to view for free: