Supporting People to Move covers 10 step-by-step manual handling techniques and common manual handling equipment. The module explores how the NDIS Code of Conduct applies to safety and choice when supporting people to move.
It takes a practical approach to risk assessment strategies examining how building capacity and empowering the people we are supporting can deliver better outcomes for everyone.
• Follow the person’s Support Plan related to helping them to move
• Know the basics of manual handling principles and how to reduce your risk of injury when moving people or objects
• Know strategies to involve the person you are supporting to move, and reduce risks
• Follow steps in some manual handling tasks to best support someone to move and to minimise risk
• Recognise equipment and how it can help you to support people to move
• Know about responding, reporting and documenting incidents related to falls and other emergencies
• Know where to find more information on safe manual handing
4 May 2020
Subscribe for access to DSC's entire eLearning and webinar library
Earn certificates on over 50 courses and webinars with our fora subscriptions. Subscriber benefits include: