Want to know how the NDIS really works?
This workshop is for new businesses, new managers, new staff; anyone looking to understand how they can make the most of the NDIS. We will explore:
○ NDIS Essentials. The must-have knowledge about NDIS concepts such as 'goal setting', 'choice and control' and 'reasonable and necessary' and what this all means in practice.
○ NDIS Funding. Understanding the different ways funding is offered and how services are 'purchased'. We will also detail who is responsible for funding different products and services.
○ NDIS Key Players. Get to know who's who and the roles they play. Learn the differences between the NDIS Commission and the NDIA, a Support Coordinator and a Plan Manager, a Local Area Coordinator and a Planner.
○ NDIS Home and Living. That's what the NDIA calls everything from the funding for new houses to the staffing services that assist people to live independently. We will explain it all, in ways you can understand.
○ NDIS Compliance. What you need to know in the areas most likely to give you grief (and there's a lot). Understanding audits, the NDIS Practice Standards, the Code of Conduct, worker screening, complaint reporting, incident reporting, compulsory worker orientation, behaviour support & restrictive practices.
○ NDIS Registration. Getting registered, staying registered and how different registration groups create different auditing requirements
○ NDIS Business Opportunities. Finish off a demanding day with a high level look at the commercial opportunities the NDIS is offering.
Who is this training for?
New businesses, new managers, new staff working in NDIS service providers
Why is our training different?
We live and breathe the NDIS
We have practical experience in Support Coordination and Quality and Safeguarding and Disability Services
We break down the complicated and speak plainly
Dates & times
This is an online workshop delivered via Zoom.
Click on the workshop dates to view the running times in your local timezone.