SUPPORT WORKER TRAINING
Welcome to the Disability Sector
Being new to the disability sector can be quite overwhelming.
This module introduces foundational information from the support worker’s role, types of disability and communication tips. It also covers Reportable Incidents and respect and dignity in the context of the NDIS Code of Conduct.
• Know about reporting Reportable Incidents and the Code of Conduct
• Know your role in supporting people – what’s ok, what’s not
• Know how different types of disability can have very different support needs
• Know the social model of disability and its implications for people living with disability
• Use appropriate language while supporting people with a disability
• Awareness of strategies to more effectively communicate with people with a disability
• Know where to go for further information or support
4 May 2020
Customisation & Completion Tracking
Talk to us about tracking learner completion or tailoring courses to your organisation's people, policies and priorities.
More Support Worker Training
All 7 modules available to view for free: