Being new to the disability sector can be quite overwhelming.
This module introduces foundational information from the support worker’s role, types of disability and communication tips. It also covers Reportable Incidents and respect and dignity in the context of the NDIS Code of Conduct.
• Know about reporting Reportable Incidents and the Code of Conduct
• Know your role in supporting people – what’s ok, what’s not
• Know how different types of disability can have very different support needs
• Know the social model of disability and its implications for people living with disability
• Use appropriate language while supporting people with a disability
• Awareness of strategies to more effectively communicate with people with a disability
• Know where to go for further information or support
18 November 2020
Subscribe for access to DSC's entire eLearning and webinar library
Earn certificates on over 50 courses and webinars with our fora subscriptions. Subscriber benefits include: